jesus. husband. babies

jesus. husband. babies

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Nap Time

One of my favorite times of the day is when I put Tenn down for a nap. We have quite a collection of books and we pick 15 that we read to him before his nap and before he goes down for the night. I LOVE that my boy enjoys being read to. We keep the majority of his books in top of his dresser but only 30 or so fit up there so the remainder (the 15 mentioned before) are kept in a basket by his rocking chair.

This is his collection of bedtime books. And after he wakes up from his naps I move the books to the floor and time after time I will leave him in his room to play by himself and after a while he will go silent and I will peek into his room and see him sweetly sitting on the floor flipping through his books. I love this. I love this boy. I love that he understands how much fun books can be. I pray for great things in his life and one of them is that he will be a reader. If these last 14 months are any indication to the habits he will have later in life then I am convinced that he will forever be bitten by the reading bug. Perfect.
I love this boy. life doesn't get much better then this.

No comments:

Post a Comment