jesus. husband. babies

jesus. husband. babies

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A (very secret) Fathers Day gift!

I have already established I am the best mama (maybe ever... except yesterday afternoon when I told Tennyson he needed to shut his mouth, it was a rough day. Kicked off my dropping a jar of spaghetti sauce out of my car and having it break all over me and the sidewalk). But I wanted to show you why I am the worlds greatest wife (minus the bad attitude, spurred on by the broken jar, when my husband came home).

Ok, well when I say it all like that I realize maybe I am not the best but rest assured, I am working on it. Part of working on being the "Worlds Greatest Wife 2011" is forcing my son to hold up signs I made that will spell out a VERY special message for his father for a gift. With that being said I must admit, I learned a very VALUABLE lesson: A 2 year old does not want to hold up signs (the correct way) when he can see toys, streams, dogs, birds to chase and hear other kids playing. I kept my cool and didn't turn into a stage mom but I did try and bribe him every second.... which also didn't work well,

So here are some shots of my son (who probably won't win 'Worlds Greatest Son 2011" unless he pulls it together for our next photo shoot:)

"MOM! There are birds to chase, why am I HERE?"

"I could make a better sign"


"Really, this is your best artwork mom?"

"Do you think I could outrun her?"
"You expect ME to hold this garbage up?"

"If I act excited maybe she will knock it off"

"Look at those other kids, their moms let them PLAY"
ACTION SHOT, this is him tossing the sign to the ground....
"You want me to hold what sign?... oh this one?"

"Mom thinks fruit snacks will get me to obey, HA HA HA HA"


HE is the most adorable boy ever....but we will keep working on his performance:)

We did get some great shots and I can't wait to share what we do with them for Fathers Day!

2 comments:

  1. Tenn is so adorable and you are hilarious! I am sorry about the sauce. It is never a good way to start off the day breaking things and ending up drenched in spaghetti sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures of adorable Tenn ~ and yes, you really are funny :) Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete